|Staff wiki help pages|
|Main help page|
This help page covers the basics of page creation and page editing. For more help with Mediawiki (the type of software that runs this wiki) see the links below to other help guides.
Usage of this wiki
Reading an article, page histories, and discussion pages
- See Help:Getting started
- To read the history of a page and compare old versions, see Help:Page history
Any page on the wiki that is not restricted can be edited by anyone with a valid login. When you edit, you use a special markup language which is easy to learn and is partially documented below.
- See Help:Syntax
Creating new pages
- See Help:Images
Categories and Templates
There is also a very extensive FAQ that you can go to on mediawiki.org.
About this wiki
- See getting started for more information.
- You can list all pages that currently exist on this wiki.
This wiki is based on the same software than runs Wikipedia. General documentation:
- Tutorial on how to edit Wikipedia and a cheatsheet of editing syntax
- Complete help documentation for Mediawiki, for readers and editors
- General MediaWiki Documentation]
A special thanks to my esteemed colleague Phoebe Ayers for the bulk of these Help pages.